H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment dealerships in the United States − currently ranking 11th on RER's list of Top 100 Equipment Rental Companies in the nation and H&E is the largest Grove and Manitowoc Crane dealer in the world. Because of continued growth we are looking for a talented Crane Technician to join our team in Belle Chasse, LA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – H&E Equipment Services has over 50 years of rock solid construction equipment experience. Since being founded in 1961 in Baton Rouge, LA the company has successfully grown from a single office into a well-run, financially sound publicly traded company with 66 locations nationwide with a rental fleet of over 21,000 units.
- Career Growth – At H&E Equipment Services you will be working side by side, in a brand new state-of-the-art 16 acre facility, with some of the top crane technicians in the country – many with over 25 to 30 years of experience. Plus the Belle Chasse location is a certified crane re-manufacturing facility which means you will be involved in more than just repairing equipment.
- Location – Southern Louisiana offers you picturesque, sandy beaches along the Gulf of Mexico that are ideal for swimming, fishing and water sports from spring until late autumn and Belle Chasse is just 10 minutes from downtown New Orleans which means plenty of food, fun and cultural activities.
- Compensation – H&E Equipment Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(K)
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Good work history and driving record a must
- Demonstrate safe work habits with ability to complete a JSA
- Able to verbally communicate well and work as a team member
- Able to communicate effectively in writing of service reports & data collection
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to quality work and service
- Ability to follow instruction with little or no supervision
- Computer literate with the ability to process information
- Occasional overnight travel required
DUTIES & TASKS:
- Perform periodic and annual crane inspections
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts on cranes
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Operate and inspect cranes in order to diagnose defects
- Disassemble and reassemble cranes using hoists and proper tooling
- Diagnose faults using conventional tools, engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on cranes
- Weld or solder broken parts as approved using electric or gas welders and soldering tools
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers, gauges, and other such tooling
- Test equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper crane performance and compliance with manufacturer specifications
- Lattice crawler crane work experience is a plus
BUILD YOUR CAREER AS A PROFESSIONAL MANITOWOC LATTICE CRANE TECHNICIAN. THIS POSITION WILL BE PRIMARILY FOCUSED ON THE SERVICE AND REPAIR OF CUSTOMER OWNED LATTICE CRAWLER CRANES, THUS REQUIRING GOOD CUSTOMER RELATION SKILLS. ALL PAST TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED, HOWEVER, A STRONG BACKGROUND IN ELECTRICAL, DRIVE TRAIN, HYDRAULICS, AND COMPUTER CONTROLLED SYSTEMS IS A PLUS. WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU WILL LEARN THROUGH TECHNICAL MANUFACTURER SCHOOLS AND WORKING UNDER THE DIRECTION OF SENIOR TECHNICIAN CO-WORKERS.
H & E EQUIPMENT SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer