Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of water treatment facilities, manufacturers, food and dairy producers, research labs and many other organizations depend on Hawkins for the chemical products they need.
Because of continued growth we are looking for a Route sales person to join our team in Garnett, KS.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – With 75 years of experience, Hawkins has established a consistent track record of growth and success. Founded in 1938 as a partnership between two brothers, Kent and Howard J. Hawkins, the company distributed 12 products; today, the company provides businesses and communities with thousands of products.
- Career Opportunity – Hawkins is committed to developing a talented team of employees. You will receive on-going training and because of Hawkins steady growth the opportunity for career advancement.
- Great Company – As a member of the Hawkins team you will be working for an award winning company that is a recognized in the chemical industry leader. Forbes rated Hawkins one of the best small companies in America and Twin Cities Business ranked them as a top 100 public company.
- Compensation – Hawkins offers an exceptional compensation program that includes Base plus commission, medical, dental, life insurance, 401K and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
You owe it to yourself to check this out! This is a great opportunity to use your skills and abilities in an environment that recognizes and rewards top performers.
About The Position:
Hawkins, Inc. for the second year in a row was named to Forbes Top 100 Best Small Companies. We have roughly 350 employees servicing Middle America, from Fargo to Memphis and Billings to Muncie, we exceed the industry standard by providing our customers with top notch service and developing new products and services. Founded in 1938, we continue to grow; we are currently serving 7,500 customers totaling $312 million in sales.
Our Mission - To exceed our customers' expectations as a high-quality, service-oriented chemical supplier. We will adapt quickly to the changing chemical needs of customers with a keen focus on technical expertise, teamwork, safety, profitability, and responsible care of the environment and of our community.
Our Water Treatment division services a wide range of clients; water treatment systems, municipal and commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities and food manufacturers. This is our fastest growing division, having added two new branches is the last year, we look to continue to provide excellent support to our customers and expand our territory.
We are looking for a dedicated person who is up for a challenge and likes to see their hard work pay off. This unique position combines sales, mechanical know-how and travel throughout the region.
he RIGHT person
- Quick learner who will soak up on-the-job training
- Maintain and grow business with current customers
- Develop territory within a regional market
- Deliver products to customers
- "Hands-on" service of equipment which may include repair to chemical feed equipment and visually inspecting systems
- Prepare and present bids on new equipment and products
- Enjoy working 10-12 hours per day, including occasional overnight travel
- Employee will participate in:
- Company Safety Program
- Company Quality Program
- Company Drug Policy
- High school/GED grad with real world knowledge
- Ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's license with Hazardous materials endorsement
- Pass a pre-employment background check (driving and criminal), DOT physical and drug screen
- Ability to lift over 50 pound bags and move up to 700 pound drums
- First year base + commission. Excellent commission rates following your first year.
- Excellent health and dental plans as well as FSA and HSA plans
- Retirement Planning
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Pension Plan
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer