Sawyer Composite is an award winning Composite Tool and Part Manufacturer that provides turnkey solutions in the design, engineering, manufacture and qualification of advanced composite tooling structures. Because of continued growth we are looking for Composite Tooling and Fabricating Technicians to join our team at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, TX.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Quality - SAWYER COMPOSITE is an ISO9001 and AS9100 certified manufacturing facility. Sawyer Composite’s Quality management system has been approved and recognized by leading companies such as Northrup Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Federal Express just to name a few.
- Career Growth – With customers in industries ranging from aerospace and defense to medical device, transportation and advanced specialty manufacturers SAWYER COMPOSITE is well positioned for continued growth. This is a long-term opportunity where you will be working in an environment that will keep you and your skills at the “top of your game”.
- Great Place to Work – as a member of the SAWYER COMPOSITE team you will be working on exciting projects with a company that is dedicated to remaining an innovator on the cutting edge of composite technology.
Composite Tool Technician: Sand, debur, cut and trim parts, blanks or blocks to customer specifications, work instructions, mechanical drawings, or blue prints using power saws, shears, rules and other hand tools. Prepare tool assemblies, back-up structures and fixtures.
Composite Lay Up Technician: Perform fabricating, laminating, bonding and lay-up duties per customer specifications, work instructions, mechanical drawings, blue prints, etc. Perform pre-preg or wet lay-ups. Cut lay-up kits. Prepare tools and models for lay-up. Laminate materials for tooling or parts.
- Complete all planning paperwork throughout the production process
- Inspect and verify all parts conform to customer specifications, work instructions, mechanical drawings, blue prints, etc
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and Engineering department
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Mechanically inclined and able to read and understand mechanical drawings and blue prints
- Able to use precision measuring instruments, possess good math skills and have problem solving ability
- Composite Tool Technicians must have a tool and die/tool and pattern making background
- Composite Lay Up Technicians must be familiar with honeycomb placement and bonding
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working with composite materials (fiberglass, carbon fiber, Kevlar, etc)
To apply forward your resume to: email@example.com
Sawyer Composites is an Equal Opportunity Employer