TICO/TERMINAL SERVICES provides creative, flexible and efficient systems and solutions to the terminal equipment needs of leading companies.
TICO/TTS, Inc. Is a recognized leader in the terminal equipment and services industry. TICO/TTS provides a range of products from equipment solutions and procurement systems to tractors, trailer, and fleet services.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our team at our facility in Ridgeland, SC. located just outside of the beautiful Hilton Head Island area of South Carolina.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability - TICO/TTS, Inc. – with roots extending back to 1946 and the founding of commercial bus lines and terminals to the 1970’s providing terminal services for the railroad and shipping industry to today with thirty plus years of operating and maintaining a fleet of over 1400 terminal tractors and 700 plus terminal trailers TICO/TTS, Inc. is a well established player in the industry.
- Growth - You will be working in a growing industry – According to the U.S. Department of Commerce and Bureau of Labor Statistics, logistics is one of America's largest and fastest growing industries. The market for logistics equipment and systems in America exceeds $156 billion per year. TICO/TTS, Inc. is extremely well positioned to benefit from that growth.
- Compensation and Benefits – You are offered an excellent compensation program including: Medical, 401(k) with 50% match, life insurance, profit sharing, and more!
Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods for terminal tractors and trailers and their components in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Develop improved or new designs for terminal tractors and trailers, structural members, engines, transmissions, and associated equipment. Modify existing equipment on production vehicles. Direct building, modification, and testing of vehicles and equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conceive concept ideas and thoughts for terminal tractor design, components of vehicle, and systems of vehicles.
- Make sketches; create components, 3D models of components, systems, and schematics.
- Analyze data to develop new designs. Use engineering principles to determine loads and perform necessary calculations to support new design.
- Utilize the CAD design 3D software to create detail drawings from prepared 3D models, sketches, and vendor documents from which assembly either make or purchase component/parts. Translates CAD drawings into “pdf” format and files for company-wide use.
- Assist in testing to verify and develop new/existing machine design.
- Assist in building, or modification of terminal tractor and/or components.
- Utilize the CAD design software to generate part assemblies and instructions and specifications.
- Utilize “Engineering’s” bill of material format to generate “bills of material”.
- Utilize computer assisted 2D software to create schematics and diagrams and electrical drawings.
- Create the engineering documentation to communicate the release/change of parts, assemblies, and bills of materials to production.
- Responsible for setting up and maintenance of organized files in computer system.
- Provide technical support to sales, marketing and field services staff.
- Comply with Company/agency policy/regulations and practices. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Wear all required personal protection equipment during the performance of job duties.
Supervision of Designer and CAD Drafter.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology is required as well as knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. A Design Engineer must be creative, inquisitive, analytical, and detail-oriented. A knowledge of physics and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding material dynamics and mechanical and electrical structures and processes is required. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production process, and the capability of making technical analysis and calculations to support design. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, and repair and maintenance is required, as well as knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Project ma
nagement skills are required: the ability to organize and manage multiple products through manufacturing process. Quality orientation and attention to detail, and the ability to work with vendors, customers and employees are required.
Designers must be imaginative and persistent. Creative and alternative thinking are required to develop new ideas for and answers to problems. Problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure also are important traits. Must be able to budget time, and meet deadlines and production schedules. Must keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions, as well as using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, and using scientific methods to solve problems. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables are required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering fields, or adequate experience/skills equal to a degree. Experience level of 0-2 years in engineering disciplines. Experience in the mobile equipment industry is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, drawings, blueprints, and schematics. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Excellent communication skills are required; must have the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Knowledge in higher mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry.
CAD/CAM proficiency and proficiency with Windows-based software, Microsoft Office, BOM software, and the Internet.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current/valid driver’s license. Maintain all certifications required by OSHA and Company safety programs. SAE certification preferred.
TICO/TTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer