Weil-McLain is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of heating and cooling equipment for residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Due to growth we are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Eden, NC.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Stability – Since being founded by Isadora and Benjamin Weil over 130 ago in Chicago, Weil-McLain has grown to be the largest U.S. manufacturer of cast iron boilers and a leader in the hydronic industry. Today, Weil-McLain has a global presence with approximately 700 employees around the world.
- Career Growth – As an industry leader Weil-McLain provides plenty of opportunity for advancement and provides you with an environment to grow professionally.
- Compensation and Benefits – Weil-McLain provides you with a competitive compensation package and a fantastic benefits program.
To be considered for the exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
- A minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance experience related to manufacturing or fabrication
- Extensive knowledge of ISO requirements.
- Solid fundamental understanding of quality principles, systems, methods, tools, and standards
- B.S. Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Quality)
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by .This is a great opportunity to use your Quality Engineering skills and knowledge with a company that recognizes top performers.
Quality Engineering functions to improve Weil-McLain's companywide cost of quality and assure products, service and manufacturing systems to meet customer and regulatory agency requirements
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Maintain Weil-McLain's Certifications to agency standards through:
- Compliance Audits by ASME, CSA, UL and others (as developed).
- Product Testing and Performance Criteria, i.e. ASME Burst Test, CSA Boiler Test, IBR Testing and others (as developed and defined).
- Maintaining Quality Assurance activities such as, Quality Manual, Quality Plans, Practices, Quality Metrics, Procedure and Specifications to current requirements.
- Participate in ISO Quality System activities as determined by Manager, Quality Assurance.
- Evaluate fabrication issues stemming from product design, process variation, incoming products, or employee issues and help develop systems to reduce or eliminate the probability of the issue re-occuring.
- Apply problem solving techniques and cross functional activities to resolve significant problems by determining the most effective course(s) of action(s) to implement process or product improvements. Make specific recommendations as to actions required by responsible areas with realistic costs and time table.
- Conduct and/or participate in activities; such as Design and Process FMEA's, Value Engineering Projects, Design of Experiments, Process/Product Capability Studies, Field Sales/Service Meetings, Marketing Studies, Product Liability Meetings, etc.
- Participate in the development of Quality Strategic Planning, Defining or developing - Cost of Quality, Marketing of Quality - Internal/External, Future Role of Quality, Measuring Quality, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to the Fabrication department for processes such as Turret Press, Stamping Press, Brake Press, Welding, and Powder Paint.
Education, Experience & Certification
- B.S. Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Quality or)
- 5 + year’s experience in a sheet metal manufacturing environment Preferred
- 3 + years’ experience in Quality Assurance
- ASQ certification (CQE, CQA) desired.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Audit experience desired.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of ISO requirements.
- Experience in stamping, metal forming, welding environment strongly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Skills in Microsoft excel required
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience in the following concepts:
- One-piece flow: balancing, pacing and improved through-put
- Visual factory; KPIs, pacing boards, EI
- Work cell dynamics
- Strong Quality Systems knowledge and experience including
- PPAP, APQP, PFMEA and control plant
- Error-proofing (Poka-yoke)
- ISO or TS 16949 depth of understanding
- Strong engineering and process conformance knowledge and experience including SWI (standard work), Testing and audit processes, and Engineering change management and support
- Expertise in the areas of statistical plans and lot acceptance-sampling methodologies.
- Requires planning and organizational skills in complex technical functions.
- Appropriate written and clear verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities.
- Achieve results using key performance metrics and continuous improvement
- Problem solving using disciplined problem solving methods and analytical thinking.
- Decision making: fact-based, assess appropriate risk
- Be process based and understand process based thinking
Weil-McLain is an Equal opportunity Employer