W.M. Barr & Company, Inc. is a market leader in specialty cleaning products serving consumer and industrial customers in the home improvement, household and automotive industries.
W.M. Barr & Company, Inc. is a market leader in specialty cleaning products serving consumer and industrial customers in the home improvement, household and automotive industries. Due to the company's growth we are looking for a Microsoft AX Developer/Analyst to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Memphis, TN.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Founded in 1946 by William M. Barr, the company quickly became an icon in the home improvement and automotive repair industries. Fifty years later, with the sale of the business to our employees, W.M. Barr has become the model of a successful ESOP company. At W.M. Barr you are more than employee – you’re a stockholder.
- Fantastic Career Opportunity - In this role you will be involved with cross functional teams working on projects that that encompass all aspects of the business process. Plus you will be participating in the exciting roll–out of a new ERP system scheduled to go-live early this year.
- Long-Term Potential – As an industry leader W.M. Barr is well positioned for continued growth and provides plenty of opportunity for career advancement. Because W.M. Barr is an ESOP you also benefit from higher wages and retirement savings. A study by Washington State found ESOP participants earned 5-12% more than employees in comparable non-ESOP companies and had retirement savings three times larger.
- Compensation and Benefits – W.M. Barr offers you a superior compensation program including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, ESOP, 401k, Long Term Disability Plan, Company provided Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Major Illness Benefit, Flexible Spending options, and AFLAC. We also offer nine (9) paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and paid vacation time.
This position is responsible for solving technical problems, creating code and supporting Microsoft AX applications, and platforms. Will develop and define requirements based on user and business needs to enhance the Microsoft AX 2009 environment. Further, will modify and/or create code within the AX AOT, SQL, SSRS, etc., as required and approved to meet changing business requirements. Will also gather functional and technical requirements to participate in or facilitate business process improvements within the AX systems. Will properly document modifications, new code and processes. Work is performed under the general direction of the Director Information Technology with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment in the performance of day-to-day activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with management and system users to analyze system requirements for business information and functional operations, to determine the priorities, scope, and estimated timelines of projects, to discuss system capacity, and to solve technical issues related to the system.
- Recommends, develops, and implements plans for system improvements and enhancements; writes code to support modifications and customizations to Barr’s systems, applications and platform.
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Provides support to end users in the usage, maintenance, improvement, and customization of software programs.
- Interacts with users in all departments to identify and document business requirements; reviews and/or prepares all documentation for system upgrades, improvements and customizations.
- Creates software documentation as needed for business processes; performs software testing to identify errors software or business processes; troubleshoots problems with software; writes user documentation.
- Assists in training Super Users of the system and in developing required business information and reports.
- Performs all work in accordance with Barr’s safety and quality guidelines and procedures; demonstrates clear understanding of these safety and quality objectives.
- Performs other work or special projects as assigned by manager.
Associates Degree in Information Systems or other related field is required, minimum of five years of proven business process analysis, development, documentation, structured development methodologies/standards, functional design, analysis, and coding. Other requirements include a minimum of three years of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 experience including X++ development, Morph X, SSRS reporting, SSAS, SSIS, SQL, and AX portal development experience. Specific knowledge of core Dynamics AX environment and key AX modules including but not limited to Finance, Order Entry, Production, Inventory, Forecasting, Planning, Purchasing, Sales, etc. Three years of experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or later. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems is preferred. Microsoft Dynamics AX, SQL and SharePoint certifications and experience with .net Framework and BizTalk a strong plus.
Must have proven experience in systems solution development from design through production and on-going maintenance/upgrades. A proven understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and object oriented software design. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills with strong ability to quickly comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent quantitative skills; demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to manage, plan, and prioritize multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced environment; demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies; ability to work independently as well as participate in multi-functional teams. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Barr organization.
W.M. Barr & Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer