Johnson Power Systems, a division of Johnson Machinery Company is a leader in the Power Generation industry in Southern California.
Because of continued growth we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person with excellent technical acumen to join our team as an EPG Technician.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability - Since opening in 1940, this family business has evolved into a successful multi-million dollar operation with 14 locations throughout southern California and over 400 employees. Johnson Machinery is financially strong and committed to future growth and success.
- Well Respected – Johnson Machinery and the Caterpillar name are known for quality, industry expertise, teamwork and integrity. You will be proud to be a part of the Johnson Machinery team.
- Career Growth - You will be working for a growing organization – The power generation division of Johnson Machinery began in 1977 and has nearly doubled in size since 1989.
- Compensation and Benefits – You are offered an excellent compensation program including: Medical, Vision, Profit Sharing and 401k.
To be considered for the exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
- 10 years of experience with diesel/natural gas power generations systems and equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of electricity and electronics as well as basic power generation systems
- Excellent problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Lean and Rich Burn technology
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by. This is a great opportunity to use your skills and abilities in an environment that recognizes and rewards top performers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, servicing and repairing generators, UPS, switchgear, automatic transfer switch, and other related system products. This could include first time (start-up) installations; coordinating with other systems being installed such as multiple generator sets and paralleling switchgear to ensure all related equipment work together properly as a system.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer's electrical and mechanical problems to assure the entire system runs safely and efficiently.
- Understanding the customers' needs and time constraints and completing scheduled repairs and service safely and within the time constraint identified while providing superior quality workmanship to meet and/or exceed the customer's expectations.
All candidates must possess a working knowledge of safety rules, laws and regulations concerning engine service, electrical, technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.