Quinn Company is one of the top Caterpillar dealers offering not only heavy equipment, but power systems, rental equipment and material handling equipment as well.
Because of continued growth we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person with excellent technical acumen to join our team as a Heavy Equipment Technician Master.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability - Since opening in 1919, Quinn Company actually predates Caterpillar. Quinn Company is a family owned business, currently in its third generation that truly serves its customers through a dedicated employee population of more than 800, based out of 22 locations.
- Well Respected – Quinn Company and the Caterpillar name are known for quality, industry expertise, teamwork and integrity. You will be proud to be a part of the Quinn Company team.
- Career Growth - Quinn Company offers extensive training internally to the employees and has access to the online technical database that is offered by Caterpillar.
- Compensation and Benefits – You are offered an excellent compensation program as well as safety incentives for tools.
Repair of Caterpillar and/or related equipment or components, following established procedures and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform repairs with limited or no departmental supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair
- Exemplary performer by providing proactive leadership role for the entire service department.
- Mentor and train technicians within the service department.
- Assume ownership of difficult customer issues while maintaining integrity with Quinn Company and Caterpillar
- Effectively interact with customers in a professional manner. Reassure customer of positive outcome with Caterpillar and Quinn company
- Effective interaction with other departments such as sales and parts
- Maintain positive behavior as a representative for Quinn Company and Caterpillar
- Possess tooling required by the service department.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
- Work overtime as required by workload and customer need
- Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with Cat diagnostic tools.
- Perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
- Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
- Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Assist H10T and H11 technicians in repair tasks such as removal, installation and repair of components/machines.
- Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
- Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures
- Retain acquired knowledge; build competencies and share skills with other technicians.
- Be responsible for personal development and training requirements for growth
- Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
- Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect for People, Quality and Customer Service.
- Travel to other stores, customer sites, other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training
- Work alternate shifts a required by workload and customer needs
- Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor
OPERATIONAL / SAFETY
- Carry out duties and responsibilities according to safety guidelines and policies.
- Operate equipment, cranes and vehicles within design limitations and perform daily maintenance as required.
- Demonstrate safe work practices at all times.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes as required.
- Report any hazardous work conditions immediately to your supervisor or safety representative.
- Maintain current forklift operator training certified.
- Maintain MSHA certificate if applicable.
- Maintain clean and organized workspace and equipment.
- Return tools and equipment to proper location.
- Immediately report broken or damaged tools to supervisor or manager.
- Securing company and personal tools at the end of the shift.
- Maintain clean and organized company vehicle if applicable.
- Maintain clean and orderly lunchrooms, restrooms, locker rooms and common areas.
- Accurately complete time cards and service reports of work performed in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete parts orders, and identify parts for return.
- Practice effective time management and good work habits.
- Accountable for meeting labor flat rates and quality repair. Report inaccurate flat rates and situations when flat rates will not be met to your manager/supervisor.
- Effectively communicate customer needs to shop management.
- Demonstrate proper use of service manuals, service tools and service publications.
- Demonstrate proficiency with current computer software, related hardware and machine electronic systems.
- Perform failure analysis.
- May perform other duties such as welding, fabricating or painting.
- Perform departmental duties as assigned.
- Load and unload equipment and check in/out as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or A.S. degree from a community college or technical school; Minimum five plus year’s of CAT dealer experience and ten year’s heavy equipment industry experience or equivalent education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This description describes only the general nature and level of work encompassed by this job. This description is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of employees at this level.