Technical Packaging Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of automated packaging and material handling systems, services, and equipment. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Service Technician to join our team in Kalamazoo, MI.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Founded in 1976, Technical Packaging Systems, Inc. has successfully grown to become a full service supplier of packaging equipment and material handling systems providing a full range of services including consulting, design, engineering, and system implementation. Technical Packaging Systems, Inc. has developed a loyal base of customers in industries ranging from Food, Pharmaceutical, and Chemical to Automotive, Transportation, and warehousing.
- Career Growth – At Technical Packaging Systems, Inc. You will be servicing a wide range of exciting equipment including automated guided vehicles systems, high-speed packaging equipment, and sophisticated product inspection systems. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow. Plus you will receive on-going best-in-class training that will help keep you on the “top of your game”.
- Compensation – Technical Packaging Systems, Inc. offers an excellent compensation program that includes 401(k) with matching and insurance.
To be considered for the exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of work experience related to repairing, adjusting, assembling, inspecting, calibrating, lubricating, testing and troubleshooting commercial equipment / industrial control systems.
- Troubleshooting, blueprint reading and ladder logic understanding for PLC's
- Must have some experience with Allen-Bradley PLC programming and troubleshooting, electronic troubleshooting and pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
About the Position:
Service Technician needed for installation, start-up and service packing machinery in Southwest Michigan and several key customers located throughout the US. Job requires servicing customer’s within a 75 mile radius of Kalamazoo, Michigan with minimal overnight stays approximately 4 to 6 days a month. Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Company owned vehicle will be provided.
Time and a half will be paid for all hours worked during trips requiring an overnight stay. Experience with wrapping machines that have up to five computer/PLC boards is desired.