Wexco is a leading manufacturer of custom high performance bimetallic cylinders that are used world-wide in equipment and machinery processing plastics, rubber, food, metal, magnesium, textiles, and chemicals.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced CNC Horizontal Mill Programmer Operator to join our team in Lynchburg, VA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability - Wexco has over 36 years of experience manufacturing bimetallic cylinders and has established a solid foundation of loyal customers and a reputation for world class quality and service. Wexco products and services are in high demand through-out the world.
- Career Growth – With customers in industries ranging from plastics and chemicals to textiles and food Wexco is well positioned for continued growth. This is a long-term opportunity where you will be working in an environment where you can make an impact.
- Great Compensation – Wexco provides a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits plan, bonuses, and tuition reimbursement (Salary depends on experience).
To be considered for the exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
• Ability to set up and operate numeric control machine
• Knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials and shop math
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches and related technical data
• Knowledge of tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings and machining methods
JOB SUMMARY: Machining single and twin bi-metallic cylinders.
Job Duties Will Include:
- Obeying all safety regulations.
- Reporting to area supervisor.
- Using an overhead crane for larger product and manually on smaller ones.
- Performing drilling and milling operations on metallic workpieces.
- Mounting, aligning and securing tooling attachments and workpiece on machine.
- Selecting and installing tooling in machine spindle.
- Keeping work area and machine clean. Calling the programmer to download programs into machine.
- Occasionally writing program for jobs.
- Calculating and setting machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpieces
- Starting machine and monitor displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Entering commands or manually adjusting machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Discussing control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Keeping work area clean.
- Cleaning machine, tooling and parts.
- Performing machine maintenance.
You owe it to yourself to check this out! This is a great opportunity to use your skills and industry experience in an environment that recognizes and rewards top performers.
Wexco is an Equal Opportunity Employer