Our client, a cutting edge Molecular Diagnostic company, is currently seeking a Senior Project Scientist to lead the optimization and streamlining of one of their molecular assays.
This company was founded to exploit over ten years and an expenditure of more than $200 million in genomic/genetic biomarker identification and validation by a very successful, previous company. They are developing a panel of Molecular Diagnostic (MDx) tests for immune-mediated neurological diseases including MS. In conjunction with a CLIA certified CRO, they have completed a number of clinical studies that demonstrate technical feasibility and clinical proof-of concept for a first-in-class Next Generation Sequencing based (NGS-based) MS test and now need a Senior Project Scientist to advance their product to the next level! The Senior Project Scientist will be responsible for optimizing and streamlining all sample processing steps to prepare clinical samples for sequencing using a variety of NGS platforms.
Benefits of this Opportunity:
- Joining a company who is on the brink of releasing their first, ground breaking diagnostic product, and already has the data to develop hundreds more, will allow someone to get in on the ground floor of a growing company and provide technical leadership for future products!
- While, this company is a new venture, they are a “spin-off” of a very successful previous company. This provides stable leadership and financial backing that will allow for a high level of stability, personally and professionally, for this role
- The opportunity to have a dramatic, life-changing, positive impact on thousands of people’s lives who are affected by multiple sclerosis.
- The right candidate will have at least 5 years of post-degree research experience and proven expertise developing and optimizing multiplex PCR assays including primer design, stringent sample contamination control, DNA sequencing, cloning and gel electrophoresis.
- Experience with immunology, antibody gene structure, or B cell biology
- Must have experience working in a regulated environment, i.e. CLIA Labs, GLP regulated Labs, etc.
- Next Generation Sequencing experience is preferred
If you are interested in this or future opportunities in your area, please send an up-to-date copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you when opportunities arise that match your geography and experience. Please include the best phone number with which to contact you. All inquiries are kept confidential and your information will not be shared prior to your approval.
PeopleSolutions is an industry leader in placing candidates in both contract and direct opportunities in the Engineering, IT, Financial, and Scientific Fields. If you have experience working in any of those areas and are looking for career growth opportunities, then we would love to hear from you.