Handcraft Cleaners & Launderers, Inc. is a leading linen laundering company headquartered in Richmond, VA that services over 6,100 licensed beds and hundreds of physician offices that are equivalent to 25 million pounds of healthcare linens a year.
Because of continued growth we are accepting applications for a Driver to join our team at both the Roseneath and Cofer facilities in Richmond, VA
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Handcraft Cleaners & Launderers, Inc. was founded by John Nichols in 1969. What started off as a small operation has grown to approximately 250 employees and a 90,000 sq. ft. laundering facility. Handcraft is the region’s finest cleaning and laundering facility and is a leader in an industry that is only going to grow.
- Great Place to Work – Handcraft Cleaners & Launderers, Inc. is a family owned business so all of the employees are treated like family. There are also great opportunities to be promoted within the organization.
- Compensation – Handcraft Cleaners & Launderers, Inc. offers all of their employees competitive compensation
To provide quality service and products to our customers in a timely and professional manner.
The Delivery Truck Driver loads all linen carts on the trucks and trailers and makes sure they are properly identified by hospital. These carts must be lined up in the correct order for unloading at each facility. They deliver the product to our customers in a timely manner. They shall perform a daily visual inspection of the carts and truck. The carts could weigh as much as 500 plus pounds after they have to be loaded. They are responsible for loading all the linen carts onto the trucks and trailers and must also put the correct number of empty carts back onto trucks and trailers. This job is exposed to daily weather conditions. They are required to maintain a professional appearance and have the ability to communicate with the customer. They must learn all aspects of an assigned route and be able to properly maintain required daily and weekly paperwork.
The Delivery Truck Driver loads all linen carts on the trucks and trailers and deliver the product to our customers in a timely manner.
- Have a Class ADL, BDL, or CDL, or driver’s license, as required
- Be available to drive nights, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to speak and read the English language
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Have good communication skills
- Learn all aspects of an assigned route
- Be able to push/pull soil/clean carts
- DOT requirements
- Provide own transportation to and from work
- Be on time
- Have good attendance
- Keep work area and the company premises clean and organized
- Work safely
- Be able to get along with employees of varying ethnic groups
- Be able to follow directions given by their supervisor
- Possess and maintain a positive attitude
- Follow all company rules
- Perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor
- Ability to lift 25 pounds overhead
- Perform a daily visual inspection of the carts and trucks
Handcraft Cleaners & Launderers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer