Brookhaven Instruments Corporation is a leading designer and manufacturer of nanoparticle, protein, and polymer characterization instrumentation. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Holtsville, NY.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – With more than 40 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and installing dynamic (DLS), static (SLS), electrophoretic (ELS), and phase analysis light scattering (PALS) instrumentation, Brookhaven's equipment is found around the world solving problems in QC and research applications.
- Career growth –As a member of the Brookhaven team you will be working side-by-side with scientists, engineers, and industry experts to develop innovative instrumentation for use in a wide range of industries including Polymer and Protein sciences, Pharmaceuticals, the Painting and Coatings industries, Research Institutions and Food Processing just to name a few.
- Compensation – Brookhaven Instruments Corporation offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package.
Brookhaven Instruments Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of nanoparticle, protein, and polymer characterization instrumentation located in Holtsville, New York. We are looking for a full-time Electrical Engineer. We are seeking a dynamic individual with a strong engineering background, who will play a key role in developing leading edge particle characterization instrumentation.
- Devise innovative designs to advance the art and science of particle characterization
- Hands on electro-optical systems design, testing, and schematic layout
- Daily interfacing with individuals with expertise in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and software development
- Consult with sales, marketing, and select customers in an effort to further develop current products and initiate new product developments
- Support the operations and sales teams on engineering issues and opportunities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of working experience with integrated schematics and PCBs for instruments and systems;
- Background in electro-optics devices;
- Light scattering and/or SEC/GPC knowledge and experience a plus.
Occasional travel (~5%)
Brookhaven Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
About Brookhaven Instruments Corporation: Brookhaven is a high tech scientific instrumentation company that designs, manufactures, markets and distributes particle and polymer characterization instruments worldwide. Our headquarters are located on Long Island, New York, Brookhaven offers leading edge instrumentation for nanoparticle, protein, and polymer characterization. With more than 40 years of experience in dynamic (DLS), static (SLS), electrophoretic (ELS), and phase analysis light scattering (PALS) instrumentation, Brookhaven's equipment is found in universities, government labs, and industrial environments solving problems in QC and research applications. Innovative designs and dedication to quality are the secrets behind Brookhaven's submicron particle size, zeta potential (dispersion stability), and absolute molecular weight analyzers (chromatography). Brookhaven continues its long history of excellence with the introduction of ParSEC, a new, modern suite of advanced GPC/SEC software and Particle Solutions, with advanced search and filtering for control of the ever increasing datasets obtained with modern instrumentation.