Sawyer Composite is an award winning Composite Tool and Part Manufacturer that provides turnkey solutions in the design, engineering, manufacture and qualification of advanced composite tooling structures. Because of continued growth we are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, TX.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Quality - SAWYER COMPOSITE is an ISO9001 and AS9100 certified manufacturing facility. Sawyer Composite’s Quality management system has been approved and recognized by leading companies such as Northrup Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Federal Express just to name a few.
- Career Growth – With customers in industries ranging from aerospace and defense to medical device, transportation and advanced specialty manufacturers SAWYER COMPOSITE is well positioned for continued growth. This is a long-term opportunity where you will be working in an environment that will keep you and your skills at the “top of your game”.
- Great Place to Work – as a member of the SAWYER COMPOSITE team you will be working on exciting projects with a company that is dedicated to remaining an innovator on the cutting edge of composite technology.
The Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers to deliver production ready designs on time and on budget. This position will plan and execute thorough and efficient product development initiatives from concept through production, in collaboration with manufacturing, supply chain, reliability engineering and quality.
- Develop existing talent through mentoring, training and challenging assignments
- Develop detailed design requirements balancing performance, cost and schedule
- Lead the development of analytical and drawing products to support design
- Champion design for manufacturability, assembly, reliability and test
- Validate designs through appropriate analysis and engineering tests
- Support customer interactions and presentations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective management skills
- Composite processing knowledge
- Effective knowledge of engineering software such as SolidWorks and CATIA
- Effective communication, organizational and time management skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer responsible for designing low cost product
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience in project planning and coordination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise reports and presentations using Microsoft Office products and Visio.
Sawyer Composite is an Equal Opportunity Employer