Walco Tool and Engineering is a leading contract machine shop that specializes in high precision, high value added components and engineering services for the Nuclear Research/Defense, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Transportation, Packaging, Automation, Heavy Equipment, Telecommunications, and Energy industries.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced CNC Milling Machinist to join our team in Romeoville, IL.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability - Walco Tool and Engineering has over 45 years of experience providing machining, grinding, welding and engineering services. Walco Tool and Engineering has developed a solid foundation of loyal customers and a reputation for world class quality and service.
- Career Growth – You will be working in Walco Tool and Engineering’s 60,000 square foot ISO 9001:2008 Registered facility alongside highly skilled Engineers, Machinists, and Programmers. This is a rare opportunity to work with a company that encourages and provides on-going education and training.
- Great Compensation – Walco Tool and Engineering provides a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits plan, bonuses, and tuition reimbursement.
About the Opportunity
WALCO Tool and Engineering is a progressive contract machine shop that specializes in high precision, high value added components. With a broad range of capabilities including machining centers up to 14 feet, turning centers, large surface grinding, welding and polishing, we control the process internally from start to finish. WALCO is privately owned and was founded in 1968. We currently have over 90 employees and operate in a 60,000 square foot air conditioned facility. WALCO's team members embrace continuous improvement and thrive on change. Our engaged employees are driven by today's competitive machining environment and a diversified customer base. As an ISO 9001:2008 Registered company some of the most demanding industries such a food processing, mining, nuclear research, heavy equipment, medical, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications rely on us as a supplier of precision ground and machined parts.
WALCO is currently looking for dedicated and experienced CNC Milling Machinist willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Setup and operate CNC machining center. Perform highly diversified and complex contour milling, drilling, boring and tapping of products either manually or under computer control. Load parts, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, inspect work, communicate with coworkers regarding production runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
- 5+ years set-up and operation of CNC vertical and/or horizontal equipment
- Must be able to do multiple setups daily
- Must be fluent in G codes
- Blueprint reading
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD a plus
- Develop and demonstrate basic knowledge of 5S and Lean principles to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Commitment to continuous improvement through self-education and company sponsored training
- Must be able to physically lift/push/pull objects up to 65lbs.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your talents in a friendly work community, the right candidate will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield HMO or PPO health insurance
- Dental/Vision/Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Accidental Death and Life Insurance policy
- Tuition assistance
Overtime is currently available
Training is done during 1st shift – Monday – Friday from 6:30AM to 2:30PM
2nd shift hours are Monday – Friday from 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
3rd shift hours are Monday – Friday from 9:30 PM to 6:00 AM (with some flexibility)
2nd and 3rd shift receive a shift premium pay and overtime hours are currently available for both shifts.
Qualified applicants must submit to a background check, physical exam and drug test.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!