Sellers Equipment is a well-established Independent Construction Equipment Dealer in the State of Kansas that has been in business for more than 65 years
Because of continued growth we are looking for a skilled Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Technician to join our team in Wichita, KS.
Some of the benefits to you of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – In 1947, Ben Sellers created his own equipment dealer under the name Salina Tractor. Then, in 1969, a new “brother” company was created under the name Sellers Tractor. They are both now under the company Sellers Equipment, which has a total of 5 locations and offer many types of equipment including material handling and heavy construction. Sellers Equipment has continued to evolve and grow over the last 65 years and will continue to do so, offering a solid career to everyone that is a part of this organization.
- Great Place to Work – Sellers Equipment is an independent, family owned company that is in its second generation. This provides a great company environment in which the employees are treated like family as well. Most mechanics employed at Sellers have at least 10 years with the company.
- Compensation and Benefits – Sellers Equipment offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits including 401K, medical, dental, prescription drug, paid vacation/holidays, tool allowance, uniforms and factory training.
Diagnose problems, service, and repair wheel loaders, backhoes, excavators and other related construction equipment.
Qualified candidates will comply with all Sellers Equipment’s safety policies and guidelines. Travel required performing repairs in the field. Must have a valid driver license with a good driving record, have correct tools necessary to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment. Must be able communicate effectively both written and verbal be self-motivated and capable of following directions. Knowledge of equipment such as JCB, Doosan, Kubota and Johnson Sweepers is helpful. Must be able to read schematics, have good troubleshooting skills for: Engine, Transmission, Hydraulic, Electrical, A/C, On Board Computer and Electronic Control Module diagnosis skills. Effectively operate in a team environment. Welding / Fabricating experience a plus. Must be able to interpret service/parts manuals and order appropriate parts. Must be organized to maintain accurate record keeping of all daily tasks and perform visual inspections on equipment and provide written report of conditions/deficiencies.
- 1-2 years of Experience or Technical School Diploma (field service experience a plus)
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record a must.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by. This is a great opportunity to use your Heavy Equipment Service skills and knowledge in an environment that recognizes and rewards top performers.
Sellers Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer