LifeNet Health, a non-profit global leader in regenerative medicine, is the world's largest provider of bio-implants and organs for transplantation whose mission is saving lives and restoring health by advancing the field of tissue engineering.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced IS FI/CO Business Analyst to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Since 1995, LifeNet Health has distributed more than two million bio-implants with no incidence of disease transmission linked to tissue screened and processed using LifeNet Health's proprietary Allowash(R) technology. LifeNet is well established as the recognized leader in the industry and is uniquely positioned for continued growth.
- Career Growth – LifeNet Health is committed to remaining on the leading edge of regenerative medicine. You will be working in a state-of-the-art facility alongside talented and creative physicians, engineers, and bio-medical professionals. You will be working in an environment that will keep you and your skills at the” top of your game”.
- Make a Positive Impact – as a member of the LifeNet Health team you will be engaged in important and exciting projects will help save lives and improve the quality of life for thousands of people.
Investigates and effectively communicates requirements of the information systems applications user community to provide functional knowledge required for systems development and problem resolution. Works directly with the business system users to resolve system issues and optimize utilization of the system. Provides testing support, training and full documentation of functional needs and software solutions.
- Maintain broad and current understanding and expertise of application systems pertinent to Organ Procurement Organizations (OPO) and Tissue banks.
- Communicate effectively with business to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Define and manage project scope, goals, priorities, deliverables and timelines that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Write and approve validation deliverable documentation such as user requirements, validation strategy documentation, testing plans and design documentation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Works with business community to troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Design and present applicable solutions to business community.
- Translate user requirements into functional specifications.
- Assist the business users to document software change requests.
- Create test scripts to test business functionality and assist in the execution of test scripts
- Works with business community to establish training plans and provide user training with applicable training documentation.
- Configure applications as per business needs and create queries to support ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Provide after hours on-call support as assigned to address emergency and urgent issues.
- Provide cross-training to staff on business applications.
- Adheres to the organization's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Complies with LifeNet Health’s Quality Systems and Corporate Compliance programs
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Complies with LifeNet Health’s standards and departmental procedures.
- Understands and demonstrates the organization’s Mission and Values.
- Shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Uses sound judgment in determining work priorities; makes effective use of time.
- Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Maintains a professional, courteous demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment with occasional overtime, required to travel on occasion in company
automobile, commercial, and light aircraft.
Office equipment including computer, fax, photocopier, and telephone
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Business discipline.
- 5 years experience in information systems role analyzing and solving complex business problems.
- 5 years experience in SAP ERP with a focus of FI and CO modules. Core expertise in areas such as Cost Center Accounting, Product Costing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- SAP FI/CO configuration experience
- Full life cycle implementation experience
- Life Sciences. Medical Devices and Tissue banking experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in FDA regulated industry.
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties. LifeNet has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Your continued employment with LifeNet is by mutual consent.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background check.