Weil-McLain is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of heating and cooling equipment for residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Due to the company's growth we are looking for a Marketing Web Designer / Developer to join our team at our facility in Burr Ridge, IL. This is a great opportunity for someone that has the desire to make an impact with creativity and process improvements while broadening their skillset within web design and development.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Since being founded by Isadora and Benjamin Weil over 130 ago in Chicago, Weil-McLain has grown to be the largest U.S. manufacturer of cast iron boilers and a leader in the hydronic industry. Today, Weil-McLain has a global presence with approximately 700 employees around the world.
- Career Growth – The person in this role will be the subject matter expert and with that comes a great advancement opportunities. Weil-McLain is also willing to train this person to broaden their skillset and make them an even more valuable asset to the company. At the same time, the person in this role will have a lot of autonomy to make decisions.
- Compensation and Benefits – Weil-McLain provides you with a competitive compensation package and a fantastic benefits program.
The Marketing Web Designer will be responsible for day-to-day web-based projects and content updates, coding, Flash, and search engine optimization (SEO) of our Weil-McLain, Marley Engineered Products, and Williamson-Thermoflo external and internal web sites. They will also create, implement and maintain style sheets, templates, complex tables, databases, and manage mobile media websites and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Perform day-to-day website maintenance and review of site content to ensure it meets the latest product and company standards.
- Continually present ideas to keep the website fresh and stay abreast of the latest technological and web-related innovations/changes.
- Lead special web-related marketing projects in support of sales channel, marketing and branding efforts.
- Prepare web analytics report and recommend actions for improving website traffic measured in increased visits/hits, lead generation, and marketing initiatives in general.
- Interface with IT Manager to ensure site security through selected tools and procedures, hosting and firewalls, and forms processing.
- Assist graphic designers with the creation of product brochures, literature and other sales collateral.
Must be a good blend of creative, process and technical thinking and understand the digital channels of marketing. The ideal candidate manages project work efficiently, gathers business requirements collaboratively and presents them articulately. Has an entrepreneurial drive and passions for success. Relies on experience and judgment to plan, prioritize and accomplish goals.
- 5 years of experience in marketing with 3 or more years in website design and development is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, or a related field is preferred but not required
- Solid understanding and knowledge of digital media, marketing operations, and application development and support is required
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office suite, design software (e.g. Photoshop, etc.) and rapid prototyping tools is required
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate across functions and across business divisions
- Excellent interpersonal communications and relationship skills
- Must be self-directed with an instinct to sense potential issues and a strong initiative to resolve them early
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with enterprise level content management systems (e.g. Tridion and SharePoint)
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities across a broad range of projects
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX LEADERSHIP STANDARDS
All SPX divisions are committed to the effective use of the SPX Leadership Standards. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these Leadership Standards when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process, and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
Weil-McLain is an Equal opportunity Employer