Clinical Pathology Labs is owned by the largest laboratory system in the world. Founded in 1948, Clinical Pathology has served the Austin, TX area for over 60 years. In 2002, laboratory services were offered to the physicians of Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas and have since expanded beyond these states.
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Medical Technologist to join our team in Austin, TX.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – With over 60 years of experience, Clinical Pathology Labs is a recognized leader with an established track record of success. Because Clinical Pathology Labs is the nation’s third largest reference laboratory, you can trust in the long-term commitment and stability of the company.
- Career Growth – Because Clinical Pathology Labs offers such an extensive variety of testing services, there is plenty of opportunity to learn new skills with other positions and grow with the company.
- Great Compensation – You will receive very competitive compensation as well as a benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, long term disability and 401k.
Responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing. Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated. Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform laboratory testing
- Ability to competently perform all tests in moderate and high complexity testing.
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Understands and operates test systems proficientlyAbility to troubleshoot test systems and take appropriate action where indicated.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality
- Follows established policies and procedures for quality control performance and documentation.
- Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance.
- Identifies problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification if indicated.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance programs.
- Participates in the laboratory continuing education program.
- Effectively utilizes departmental resources
- Demonstrates efficiency by performing procedures rapidly and determining priority.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Operates equipment to maximize efficiency and minimize down time.
- Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote customer relations.
- Communicates with laboratory staff and its clients to ensure quality patient care
- Maintains and supports a service oriented relationship with its customers.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to clients and patients.
- Strives to maintain a positive work environment.
- Enthusiastically performs miscellaneous duties with completion in a designated time frame.
BS Degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science with 1 additional year of Medical Technology training.
Certified in the area of Clinical Laboratory Science by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent.
- Minimum – one year of laboratory training or experience or both in a laboratory performing high complexity testing.
- Preferred – two years of laboratory training or experience or both in high complexity testing within specialty.
Clinical Pathology Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer