Weil-McLain is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of heating and cooling equipment for residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Due to the company's growth we are looking for a Product Manager to join our team at our facility in Burr Ridge, IL
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are
- Stability – Since being founded by Isadora and Benjamin Weil over 130 years ago in Chicago, Weil-McLain has grown to be the largest U.S. manufacturer of cast iron boilers and a leader in the electric heating and hydronic industries. Today, Weil-McLain has a global presence with approximately 700 employees.
- Career Growth – The person in this role will be the subject matter expert and with that comes a great advancement opportunities. Weil-McLain is also willing to train this person to broaden their skillset and make them an even more valuable asset to the company. At the same time, the person in this role will have a lot of autonomy to make decisions.
- Compensation and Benefits – Weil-McLain provides you with a competitive compensation package and a fantastic benefits program.
The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product line throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning customer solutions. It also includes working with sales, marketing and finance to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, including gap analysis, product discovery and competitive pricing assessment
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and sourcing/private label opportunities
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Execute on product training to customers and internal sales team
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Deliver a monthly report on product viability
- Develop sales tools and collateral with marketing support team
- Propose an overall product marketing budget to ensure success
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings and other meeting as necessary
- Act as a leader within the company
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE and CERTIFICATION:
- Minimum of 4-years' experience as a Product Manager supporting a capital goods product line.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Technical background preferred, with experience in HVAC or water industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Has the ability to negotiate and arrive at the right solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to make quick and wise decisions.
- Normal office working environment.
- Must be able to travel 35% of the time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification .They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All divisions are committed to the effective use of the leadership Standards. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these leadership Standards when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of the business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process, and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
Weil-McLain is an Equal opportunity Employer