Parallel Products, Inc. is a recognized leader in the recycling industry. Each year, we recycle over 200 million pounds of packaging materials including glass, aluminum and plastics and over 13 million cases of distressed or out-of-date beverage products. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic to join our team at our Bronx, NY location.
Some of the Benefits to you are:
- Growth & Stability – You will be working in a growing industry – Despite the effects of the global recession, the recycling industry is strong and growing stronger. Analysis of 2010 data shows a thriving industry that has grown more than 40 percent since 2009 and is a key contributor to the U.S. economy. Demand for recycled materials has never been greater and, in many cases, exceeds the supply currently provided by the American public.
- Make a Positive Impact – Parallel Products, Inc. provides a critical service that helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduces air and water pollution, and helps reduce our reliance on foreign oil by saving energy and by creating waste-derived ethanol for gasoline additives – As part of the Parallel Products, Inc. team you will be helping America remain strong.
- Great Compensation - Parallel Products, Inc. offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K/403b, and more!
About Parallel Products, Inc.
Primarily serving the beverage, health, and beauty industries, Parallel Products provides its customers with environmentally safe and secure product destruction and recycling services for discontinued or removed products from the market. Nationally, the company recycles approximately 100,000,000 pounds of packaging waste annually. Thereby, significantly improving our environment and improving the sustainability of these industries. The company also recycles empty beverage containers throughout the northeast.
About the Position
Under the leadership of the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic will be responsible for assisting in the overall care and maintenance of the facility including but not limited to utilities, building, and company equipment. Primary duties will include: electrical and mechanical repair of industrial equipment and electrical service. A licensed industrial electrician with strong mechanical background will be preferred.
This skilled craft position will work with supervisors, other maintenance craftsmen, and production operators to trouble shoot and correct electrical/mechanical equipment problems in support of a continuous production process.
This job reports to the Facility Maintenance Manager - NY Facility.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required.
This is a Full-Time position, working 1st Shift
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Mechanic experience in an industrial setting
- Familiarity with industrial rotating and power driven equipment such as pumps, conveyors, shredders, compactors/balers, forklifts
- Ability to work with hand tools
- Welding experience, desired
- Experience in electrical and mechanical repair of industrial equipment
- Experience in and appreciation for preventive maintenance programming.
- Knowledge of standard lock out/tag out procedures
- Knowledge of safe work requirements and procedures as mandated by OSHA.
Education Requirements (All)
- Evidence of formal technical training in electro-mechanical repair
- High School Degree or GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
- Technical training and/or certifications in welding and electro-mechanical repair
- Minimum 7 years of experience in heavy industry maintenance environment - preferred
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Parallel Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer