Marley Engineered Products is a leading producer of portable heaters, space heaters and ventilation products for the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Due to the company’s growth we are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Bennettsville, SC
Some of the benefits to you:
- Stability & Innovation – Marley’s expertise in thermal engineering goes back to 1922 with the inception of the Power Plant Equipment Company. That company, which specialized in industrial cooling towers and other thermal equipment, became the Marley Company in 1926. It was later joined by Recold, another thermal technologies company founded in 1932 in Brea, California. Together, these companies invented and patented a number of the industrial heating and cooling technologies in use today.
- Career Growth – Marley Engineered Products provides plenty of opportunity for advancement and provides you with an environment to grow professionally. Most of Marley’s products are manufactured in our 550,000 square-foot ISO 9001: 2008 registered facility in Bennettsville, South Carolina, and distributed worldwide.
- Compensation and Benefits – Marley Engineered Products offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program.
Uses Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering techniques to improve production efficiencies and reduce costs. Develops, evaluates and improves new or improved processes and manufacturing methods.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze reports and data collected to determine and recommend changes in methods, tooling, and/or equipment to more fully utilize manpower and time to increase productivity, quality, or product value.
- Work closely with Plant Supervision and Management at all levels to determine feasibility of proposed projects and provide data or information for accurate decisions.
- Supply technical guidance to Production Supervision concerning methods, time studies, production standards, and payroll practices to maximize efficiency.
- Provides departments with necessary information and statistical data concerning cost standards, variance analysis, budgetary controls, cost reduction analyses, and product cost estimates for new or changed products. Performs detailed analysis on the data, and creates logical summaries to use during facility layout.
- Determine machine and manpower requirements for production and make recommendations to Management, particularly for annual business plans and forecasts.
- Includes the successful crafting of a capital appropriation request (E201) with supporting EVA calculations as well as project management leadership. Processes engineering change requests (ECR’s)
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment & workspace for efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Completes time studies and data development for rates, line balancing and cost estimates. Completes workplace improvements, methods, and layouts
- Develop and implement standard work instructions.
- Analyze work areas and implement safety and ergonomic improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and 4 years of experience. (Or a Bachelor’s degree in another field with over 4 years of experience at another company)
- Exposure to LEAN Manufacturing techniques and methodologies. Exposure to Six Sigma methodologies desired.
- Demonstrates strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to utilize various computer programs such as Excel, AutoCAD, Access, etc. Ability to develop summary graphs, tables, pivot tables, and other reports using PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Very good to expert proficiency is a desired.
- Experience with designing and implementing machine/assembly cells and factory layouts.
- Experience with design-for-manufacturing methods (desired).
- Exhibits written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of the process of engineering revisions, engineering change notices, engineering deviations & impact on manufacturing
- Some exposure to the various aspects of a supply chain – from distribution, to mfg, to first-tier suppliers, to 2nd tier suppliers – and the typical problems within the chain. Foundation/understanding of manufacturing financial metrics – working capital, Raw/WIP/FGI inventory, inventory turns, productivity, efficiency, order fill rate, on-time delivery, etc.
- Experience working in a Assembly and/or Sheet Metal Fabrication manufacturing environment, preferred
- Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects varying in scope and complexity. Ability to direct, mentor, train, operators, and others in a team based environment.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges and test rigs.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions.
- Continuous improvement skills including event leadership. Kanban knowledge and the ability to set up one piece flow cells.
- Knowledge of ISO based quality system
- Ability to absorb extensive raw data (e.g. forecast/demand data, finite work elements, quality data, scrap/rework data),
Marley Engineered Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer