Parallel Products, Inc. is a recognized leader in the recycling industry. Each year, we recycle over 200 million pounds of packaging materials including glass, aluminum and plastics and over 13 million cases of distressed or out-of-date beverage products. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Industrial Forklift Mechanic to join our team at our Bronx, NY location.
Some of the Benefits to you are:
- Growth & Stability – You will be working in a growing industry – Despite the effects of the global recession, the recycling industry is strong and growing stronger. Analysis of 2010 data shows a thriving industry that has grown more than 40 percent since 2009 and is a key contributor to the U.S. economy. Demand for recycled materials has never been greater and, in many cases, exceeds the supply currently provided by the American public.
- Make a Positive Impact – Parallel Products, Inc. provides a critical service that helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduces air and water pollution, and helps reduce our reliance on foreign oil by saving energy and by creating waste-derived ethanol for gasoline additives – As part of the Parallel Products, Inc. team you will be helping America remain strong.
- Great Compensation - Parallel Products, Inc. offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K/403b, and more!
Parallel Products recycles a variety of sugar- and alcohol based byproducts, outdated products or products that result from faulty production runs. These materials are used as feedstock to create ethanol, an alternative fuel. As materials are accepted in both bulk and packaged form, other recyclables, including aluminum, glass, plastic and cardboard are also recovered.
Parallel Products is seeking a full time industrial forklift mechanic for its 1st shift. The qualified candidate will be primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing forklifts, forklifts with clamps, front loaders and scissor-lifts. Trained ASE mechanics with forklift experience will be preferred. Secondary responsibilities include welding, truck painting. Additional duties will be assigned by the Maintenance Manager as needed to assist operations when all lifts are operational. Occasional overtime and weekend work will be required.
PRIMARY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ASE Certified Mechanic (preferred)
- 5+ years experience
- Knowledge of Toyota Fork Trucks
- Preventive Maintenance of industrial equipment
- General Mechanical Skills and Basic Repair Fabrication
- Ability to function at a high level with minimal supervision
SECONDARY SKILLS DESIRED:
- Working knowledge of Industrial Electric Circuits (110/240/480 Volts)
- Experience with balers (Marathon Brand specifically)
- Stick and Mig Welding
- Ability to drive and operate heavy equipment such as forklifts and bucketloaders.
This job reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required.
This is a Full-Time position, working 1st Shift
Education Requirements (All)
- High School Degree or GED
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Parallel Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer