Linder Industrial Machinery Company is one of the southeast’s leading heavy equipment dealers representing top quality brands and products from industry leading manufacturers of construction, municipal, industrial and forestry equipment such as Komatsu, Wirtgen, and Hamm just to name few. Linder currently has 16 locations through-out Florida, North and South Carolina.
Due to continued growth, Linder is looking for talented Heavy Equipment Mechanics / Technicians to join their team of construction equipment specialists at their location in Pembroke Pines, FL. Linder also has additional opportunities available in Tampa, FL, Jacksonville, FL and Raleigh, NC.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Signing Bonus Payable – A signing bonus is paid following 90 days of service
- Stability - Since opening in 1953 Linder has maintained a track record of consistent growth and has repeatedly been recognized for excellence by the manufacturers they represent. There is a bright future with Linder.
- Career Growth – Throughout Linder’s extensive history, employees have always been the backbone of the company and the company knows that the best investment they can make is in training, developing and retaining top talent. There is plenty of opportunity for you to grow!
- Compensation and Benefits – You are offered an excellent compensation program including: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.
This position is responsible for the repair of construction machines, component assemblies, and parts in the shop and field, including diagnosing, parts ordering, technical report writing, warranty reporting, maintaining care of company assets, and proper communication with others.
- Repairs equipment and components, including
- Development of a repair plan and sequence
- Determining necessary parts, materials, tooling, etc.
- Performing repairs properly and safely, with proper quality assurance testing of repair component or system and machine
- Maintains and completes all necessary reports legibly and in a timely fashion for parts ordering, special tooling usage, daily service reports, and work order closure
- Communicates progress of repair with direct supervisor as required
- Retrieves and returns parts and/or materials through Company’s parts ordering system
- Retrieves and returns special tools through Company’s Tool Room. Maintains proper care and use of special tools including major shop equipment, such as but not limited to, air compressor, cleaning tanks, overhead and jib cranes, etc.
- Uses Company vehicle, service truck, and fuel cards properly
- Maintains work area and/or service vehicle in a safe and clean manner
- Maintains tools and tool carrier in a safe, productive and updated manner
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Observes all safety guidelines
- Performs other tasks as assigned by manager
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Associate Degree in Diesel or Equipment Technology or four (4) Years of apprenticeship experience
- Technician Classification is based on experience, knowledge, and competence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Also, employee is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, lift, crouch, or crawl, as well as talk and hear.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.