ACF Environmental, Inc. has been solving site development problems for more than 25 years and is the leading supplier of innovative geosynthetic solutions to the construction industry. Whether it is unstable soils, keeping mud out of drains, or rehabilitating a deteriorating parking lot, ACF has a solution.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced CDL Truck Driver to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Career Growth – Geo-textiles products have a long history –in fact some of the first textile products made by humans have been found in excavations of ancient Egyptian sites and show the use of mats made of grass and linen. Today geo-textiles are used for infrastructural work such as roads, landfills, harbors and many other applications. The future for the industry looks bright – The U.S. geosynthetics market has a current estimated value of nearly $2 billion.
- Stability – With over 25 years of experience ACF Environmental, Inc. is an established leader in the industry and through their training programs they have become a trusted resource for engineers and storm water professionals around the country. You can trust in the long-term future of the company and your job.
- Make a Positive Impact – as a member of the ACF Environmental, Inc. team you can be proud of the fact that you will be helping protect the environment and safeguard our natural resources.
- Compensation and Benefits – ACF Environmental, Inc. provides you with a comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
The Landsaver CDL Truck Driver will maintain a CDL “A” Virginia’s driver’s license with a hazmat, tanker and air brake endorsement.
The CDL Truck Driver will report to an assigned project manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Wear face and body protection when heating burners/loading/unloading tanker truck.
- During heating process, maintain a safe distance from pedestrians/occupied buildings and cordon off area.
- Inspect equipment working parts and fluid levels before and after each start up.
- Immediately after the pre trip truck inspection (which includes checking all fluids), report maintenance issues with company vehicles to management for correction
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on all equipment.
- Operate equipment on jobs as designed per estimate details.
- Load/ unload equipment from trailers and warehouse, secure and transport in a safe and legal manner.
- Clean equipment before and after job start/completion.
- Perform maintenance and repairs to tank and spray equipment.
- In addition to working as the CDL driver, you will be working with the crew in the field.
- Drive safely at all times and obeying all state and federal laws.
- Immediately report maintenance issues with company vehicles and equipment to management.
- Communicate daily with scheduling manager for next day’s job schedule.
- Maintain safe activities while on job site and communicate to management safety hazards when encountered.
- Assist in loading of material and tools before job start.
- Maintain a daily CDL log book and adhere to all FMCSA regulations.
- Maintain two forms of identification (one photo) at all times.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings at yard and on job site.
- Overnight stay as required by management.
- Responsible for own transportation to warehouse yard.
- Responsible for maintaining a satisfactory criminal background check for job access.
- Maintain a positive point balance on your Virginia DMV driver’s license.
- Maintain clean housekeeping for work environment and equipment.
- Return equipment clean at all times.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a valid Virginia’s driver’s license CDL “A” with hazmat, tanker and air brake endorsement.
- Ability to pass all training required to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot equipment and diagnose problems or needs before a job begins.
- The skills needed to forecast all fuel, materials and supplies needed to perform assigned job duties.
- Ability to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Ability to fuel vehicles daily after all jobs are complete and turn in fuel usage reports
There will be a pre-employment drug screen as well as a background check.
ACF Environmental is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer