Vermeer Corp is an award winning Construction and Agricultural Equipment Manufacturer that has revolutionized the industry since they opened its doors in 1948 . Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Application Engineer to join our team at our state-of-the-art facility in Pella, IA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability - Vermeer Corp is in their 65th year and continues to revolutionize the agricultural and construction equipment manufacturing industries. The founder of Vermeer Corp, Gary Vermeer, invented the world’s first large round baler and the company has continued to create great products and look for better way of solving problems since then.
- Career Growth – Micro-tunneling for water and sewer is a newly created business segment for Vermeer Corporation, so this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and continue to grow with the company. Since Vermeer has a global presence, this is not just an opportunity to impact the development of utilities in United States but worldwide.
- Family Life – Vermeer Corp is a family run organization that treats its employees like family. Not only is this a great company to work for, but Pella, IA http://www.pella.org/ is a great area, safe friendly community for raising kids, and has great school system as well. http://www.pella.k12.ia.us/
- Excellent Compensation – Vermeer Corp offers their employees competitive compensation and incentives including on-site healthcare clinic, onsite pharmacy, 401(K), profit sharing and other perks.
The Application Engineer is responsible for working with the customer in Sewer and Water industry to gather customer requirements, provide customer support by understanding requirements for the equipment, creating specifications, planning and carrying out field testing. This position is responsible for openly communicating with the customer and internal Vermeer departments related to customer specifications and issues. This position strives to and applies the factors of productivity and profitability to the customer while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan field testing and execute testing during the development process.
- Provide support to the direct development, on all department projects. Create technical documents to train managers and employees.
- Create a Return on Investment model for individual machines that includes initial cost, maintenance, consumable costs, interest depreciation, and insurance. Compare ROI of Company models to other competitive machines and process costs.
- Compose and/ or evaluate reports which show performance and efficiency of Vermeer machines in multiple conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years previous job experience and/or training in Engineering, performance/efficiency analysis; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the water and sewer or micro tunneling industry, including the equipment and processes used, the operational planning required, the overall management of the business, and an understanding of factors that create higher productivity and profitability.
- Knowledge in the areas of engineering, hydrostatic and control systems, diesel engines, and hydraulic systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to present in front of large groups of technically savvy customers.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while supporting the department.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate customer needs to Segment leadership.
Up to 50% domestic or international travel is required.
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/V/D employer