Weil-McLain is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of heating and cooling equipment for residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Due to growth we are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Eden, NC.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Stability – Since being founded by Isadora and Benjamin Weil over 130 ago in Chicago, Weil-McLain has grown to be the largest U.S. manufacturer of cast iron boilers and a leader in the hydronic industry. Today, Weil-McLain has a global presence with approximately 700 employees around the world.
- Career Growth – As an industry leader Weil-McLain provides plenty of opportunity for advancement and provides you with an environment to grow professionally.
- Compensation and Benefits – Weil-McLain provides you with a competitive compensation package and a fantastic benefits program.
Plans, supervises and directs the activities involved in the timely procurement from a global supply base that supports the Eden, NC facility. Plans and directs the purchasing function involving the establishment and approval of sources of supplies, materials, equipment and services; processing of requisitions; procurement activities; maintenance of purchasing records; establishment of policies and procedures; and the expediting of shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Provide Leadership, supervision and development to Buyers.
- • Manages purchasing data in JD Edwards to efficiently plan material deliveries, insuring on time deliveries, purchase order accuracy, and inventory control.
- Maintains a direct link between purchasing and accounting to assure the accuracy of transactions entered on the general ledger.
- Develop and maintain the facility’s purchasing processes and system.
- Ensure timely issuance of Purchase Orders to support plant operations and goals; specifically, on-time delivery, production plans, inventory turns and prescribed stock levels.
- Reviews purchase orders, contracts and vendor performance to ensure compliance with Corporate legal guidelines and financial objectives’
- Maintain accurate and optimal item master data, including part master files, MRP parameters for lead-time, safety stock, re-order points, forecast visibility and purchase order maintenance.
- Coordinate the delivery of material, supplies and finished goods through standard expedited means.
- Report performance and improvement opportunities and perform requisite analytical analysis to create and execute the plans necessary to support operational and commercial objectives.
- Reduce exposure of inventory to write-offs (Excess and Obsolete (E&O) .
- Support introduction of new products.
- Lead freight cost reduction on in-bound material.
- Implement plan and processes to ensure increased communication between Weil-McLain and vendors. Vendor forecasting
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field.
- Demonstrates a high level of MRP business system knowledge with emphasis in purchasing.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrated business systems knowledge
- JDE or SAP experience preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible positions in Purchasing.
- Experience in purchasing in complex manufacturing environment with complex products.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, & ABILITIES:
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Skills in Microsoft excel required
- Has strong skills in ERP system such as J.D. Edwards or equivalent ERP systems .
- Lean manufacturing implementation skills and demonstrated use of the tools.
- ISO or QS 9000 Quality system familiarity
- Team work and collaborative work approach.
Weil-McLain is an Equal opportunity Employer