ACF Environmental, Inc. has been solving site development problems for more than 25 years and is the leading supplier of innovative geosynthetic solutions to the construction industry. Whether it is unstable soils, keeping mud out of drains, or rehabilitating a deteriorating parking lot, ACF has a solution.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Field Laborer 2 to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Career Growth – Geo-textiles products have a long history –in fact some of the first textile products made by humans have been found in excavations of ancient Egyptian sites and show the use of mats made of grass and linen. Today geo-textiles are used for infrastructural work such as roads, landfills, harbors and many other applications. The future for the industry looks bright – The U.S. geosynthetics market has a current estimated value of nearly $2 billion.
- Stability – With over 25 years of experience ACF Environmental, Inc. is an established leader in the industry and through their training programs they have become a trusted resource for engineers and storm water professionals around the country. You can trust in the long-term future of the company and your job.
- Make a Positive Impact – as a member of the ACF Environmental, Inc. team you can be proud of the fact that you will be helping protect the environment and safeguard our natural resources.
- Compensation and Benefits – ACF Environmental, Inc. provides you with a comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
The Landsaver Field Labor 2 (DL) contributes to the company’s success by performing labor and providing transportation for other employees to and from Landsaver jobs. Key activities of the Field Laborer 2 (DL) include the safe and effective driving of fellow team members to and from job sites and / or hotels. The field laborer with driver’s license is responsible for maintaining the vehicle cleanliness he or she is assigned to, safe driving skills and the ability to maintain a positive Virginia DMV point balance throughout employment.
The Field Labor 2 (DL) reports to the assigned Foreman for his division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a team with other field laborers to achieve profitable job competition.
- Drive safely at all times and obeying all state and federal laws.
- Immediately after the pre-trip truck inspection (which includes checking all fluids), report maintenance issues with company vehicles to management for correction.
- Communicate daily with scheduling manager for next day’s job schedule.
- Arrive on time and ready to perform any and all duties.
- Be proactive in arriving at yard with safety equipment and proper clothing.
- Maintain safe activities while on job site and communicate to management safety hazards when encountered.
- Assist in loading of material and tools before job start.
- Maintain a positive, can do attitude.
- Maintain and operate hand tools as required.
- Routinely moves, lifts or shoves material/equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain two forms of identification (one photo) at all times
- Perform any and all hands on labor as required by management.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings at yard and on job site.
- Stay in a hotel as required by management.
- Responsible for own transportation to warehouse yard.
- Responsible for maintaining a satisfactory criminal background check for job access.
- Maintain a positive point balance on your Virginia DMV driver’s license.
- Maintain clean housekeeping for work environment and equipment.
- Return equipment clean at all times.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate to the scheduling manager every day at a specific time.
- Ability to work with other team members.
- Ability to lift material, load and unload as directed by management.
- Ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- The skill of wanting to learn new tasks and continue to grow as a team member.
- Ability to attend training as required by management.
- Excellent comprehension skills are a must for performing Landsaver jobs.
- Ability to fuel vehicles daily after all jobs are complete and turn in fuel usage reports.
There will be a pre-employment drug screen as well as a background check.
ACF Environmental is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer