Parallel Products, Inc. is a recognized leader in the recycling industry. Each year, we recycle over 200 million pounds of packaging materials including glass, aluminum and plastics and over 13 million cases of distressed or out-of-date beverage products. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Recycling Department Manager to join our team at our Bronx, NY location.
We are looking for an experienced Shift Supervisor as well.
Some of the Benefits to you are:
- Growth & Stability – You will be working in a growing industry – Despite the effects of the global recession, the recycling industry is strong and growing stronger. Analysis of 2010 data shows a thriving industry that has grown more than 40 percent since 2009 and is a key contributor to the U.S. economy. Demand for recycled materials has never been greater and, in many cases, exceeds the supply currently provided by the American public.
- Make a Positive Impact – Parallel Products, Inc. provides a critical service that helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduces air and water pollution, and helps reduce our reliance on foreign oil by saving energy and by creating waste-derived ethanol for gasoline additives – As part of the Parallel Products, Inc. team you will be helping America remain strong.
- Great Compensation - Parallel Products, Inc. offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K/403b, and more!
About Parallel Products, Inc.
Primarily serving the beverage, health, and beauty industries, Parallel Products provides its customers with environmentally safe and secure product destruction and recycling services for discontinued or removed products from the market. Nationally, the company recycles approximately 100,000,000 pounds of packaging waste annually. Thereby, significantly improving our environment and improving the sustainability of these industries. The company also recycles empty beverage containers throughout the northeast.
Parallel Products’ Resource Recovery Department receives, destroys, and recovers the commodities from unsellable consumer products and empty beverage containers returned for refund. Under the leadership of the Operations Manager, the 2nd Shift Production Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the department. He/She will be responsible for maximizing the productivity of this department by focusing on safe work practices, efficient labor practices (i.e. labor per case), order cycle time, commodity separation, and liquid separation. This position will plan, report, and manage production of several line supervisors and up to 20 permanent and temporary employees. This is a Full-Time position, working 2nd Shift
Education Requirements (All)
- Engineering Degree (Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, and/or an applicable technical field
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Parallel Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer