ACF Environmental, Inc. has been solving site development problems for more than 25 years and is the leading supplier of innovative geosynthetic solutions to the construction industry. Whether it is unstable soils, keeping mud out of drains, or rehabilitating a deteriorating parking lot, ACF has a solution.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Equipment Operator to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Career Growth – Geo-textiles products have a long history –in fact some of the first textile products made by humans have been found in excavations of ancient Egyptian sites and show the use of mats made of grass and linen. Today geo-textiles are used for infrastructural work such as roads, landfills, harbors and many other applications. The future for the industry looks bright – The U.S. geosynthetics market has a current estimated value of nearly $2 billion.
- Stability – With over 25 years of experience ACF Environmental, Inc. is an established leader in the industry and through their training programs they have become a trusted resource for engineers and storm water professionals around the country. You can trust in the long-term future of the company and your job.
- Make a Positive Impact – as a member of the ACF Environmental, Inc. team you can be proud of the fact that you will be helping protect the environment and safeguard our natural resources.
- Compensation and Benefits – ACF Environmental, Inc. provides you with a comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
The Landsaver Equipment Operator contributes to the company’s success by operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Key activities of the equipment operator are operating large trucks, skid steers, trenchers, kettle’s, distributor trucks, tractors and other equipment within the Landsaver fleet. The equipment operator will maintain a CDL “A” Virginia’s driver’s license with a hazmat and air brake endorsement.
The equipment operator will report to an assigned division foreman and/or project manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect equipment working parts and fluid levels before and after each start up.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on all equipment.
- Immediately after the pre-trip truck inspection (which includes checking all fluids), report maintenance issues with company vehicles to management for correction.
- Operate equipment on jobs as designed per estimate details.
- Load/ unload equipment from trailers, secure and transport in a safe and legal manner.
- Clean equipment before and after job start/completion.
- Work as a team with other field personnel to achieve profitable job competition.
- Drive safely at all times and obeying all state and federal laws.
- Communicate daily with scheduling manager for next day’s job schedule.
- Maintain safe activities while on job site and communicate to management safety hazards when encountered.
- Assist in loading of material and tools before job start.
- Maintain a daily CDL log book and adhere to FMCSA regulations.
- Maintain two forms of identification (one photo) at all times.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings at yard and on job site.
- Overnight stay as required by management.
- Responsible for own transportation to warehouse yard.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean criminal background check for job access.
- Maintain a positive point balance on your Virginia DMV driver’s license.
- Maintain clean housekeeping for work environment and equipment.
- Return equipment clean at all times.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a valid Virginia’s driver’s license CDL “A” with hazmat and air brake endorsement.
- Ability to pass all training required to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot equipment and diagnose problems or needs before a job begins.
- The skills needed to forecast all fuel, materials and supplies needed to perform assigned job duties.
- Ability to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Routinely may have to move, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing up to 75 pounds.
There will be a pre-employment drug screen as well as a background check.
ACF Environmental is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer