Our client, a leading manufacturer of high-speed production machinery, is seeking a Technical Buyer to join their growing purchasing team in Richmond, VA. This person will be responsible for providing technical support to procurement operations. Develop and monitor sub-contract supplier, including processes, methods, corrective actions, deviation processing, and technical interface between Company and Suppliers. Capable of applying innovative methods and strategies to assure a pro-active response to new and present business opportunities. Serves as the key interface between Procurement and Company manufacturing to assure most cost effective outsourcing of new and existing products at the onset.
The person fortunate enough to be selected for this role will enjoy the opportunity and stability represented by an international company that dominates in its market, as well as the ability to work on a variety of products that a company with such a large portfolio of products can offer.
Qualified individuals will have 5 plus year of experience of technical buying in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to read and interpret company drawings and understand metric units. SAP knowledge and MS Office proficiency is preferred.
Benefits of this Opportunity:
- Growth – This position will contribute to the design of cutting edge machinery for new and existing client.
- Prestige – Imagine working for a company whose name is well recognized in their industry as the number one company to work for, both on contract and direct. They are also very well known as one of the top ten companies to work for locally.
- Stability – Working for a company that has grown over the last 5 years, and has an average tenure of 15 plus years for its employees.
- Independence – this is an opportunity to work for a company that puts the emphasis on achieving its goals and not on red tape – allowing their employees to follow their passions and work independently
- 5 years plus experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret company drawings and understand metric units .
- Must be tactful in dealing with others, dependable and accurate.
- Sap and MS Office experience is also preferred.
If you are interested in this or future opportunities in your area, please send an up-to-date copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you when opportunities arise that match your geography and experience. Please include the best phone number with which to contact you. All inquiries are kept confidential and your information will not be shared prior to your approval.
PeopleSolutions is an industry leader in placing candidates in both contract and direct opportunities in the Engineering, IT, Financial, and Scientific Fields. If you have experience working in any of those areas and are looking for career growth opportunities, then we would love to hear from you.