Our client is a leading provider of laundry equipment and laundry rooms for colleges, apartments, condominiums, coin laundries, and on-premise equipment for small and large businesses. Because of continued growth they are looking to hire an experienced Technician for the Chattanooga/Eastern Tennessee region. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an award winning team where you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your technical skills and abilities will be appreciated and recognized.
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all laundry equipment for customers within designated territory. Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Repair laundry equipment within 24-48 hours
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment according to schedule
- Maintain strong customer service with clients by visiting customers on a scheduled basis
- Maintain proper inventory of all parts in service van
- Install equipment in other territories to assist other technicians as needed
- Communicate regularly with Operations Manager, Dispatch Operators, Customers or other Service Technicians
- Ensure all issues are resolved through appropriate follow-up
- Recommend replacement of equipment as needed.
- Conduct pre-inspections of new or updated laundry rooms in designated territory
- Asset all equipment properly with designated number and ensure all documentation is completed as required
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule for assigned van
- Train customers on how to use the equipment
- Visit customers with the Operations Manager
- Collect machines by going out an emptying cash boxes and have the funds delivered to headquarters
- Rebuild equipment as requested by Operations Manager
- Deliver proposals to customers in person
- Conduct a van inventory
- Travel to other territories to help on job sites
- Train new hires
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Years of experience in an electromechanical field
- Knowledge of gas, electrical, plumbing and venting
- Ability to read schematics
- Ability to dissemble and assemble complicated components of mechanical equipment
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Ability to work well alone and independently
- Skill with basic hand tools
- Needs to be able to operate washers, dryers, bill changers, add values, on and off-line card systems
- Ability to drive a van to job sites that range from a couple of miles up to 300 miles one-way (may average up to 50,000 miles per year)
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs. and move equipment weighing up to 300 lbs with use of a hand truck
Laundry rooms may be located in basements up to the top floor of a high-rise building. Exposure to noise, heat, cold, and infrequent outside work.