Our client is seeking a Clerk of the Works for the position of ensuring value for money for their client is achieved through rigorous and detailed inspection of materials and workmanship throughout the build process.
The Clerk of Works is a very isolated profession on site. He/she is the person that must ensure quality of both materials and workmanship and, to this end, must be absolutely impartial and independent in his decisions and judgments. He/she cannot normally, by virtue of the quality role, be employed by the contractor - only the client, normally by the architect on behalf of the client. His/her role is not to judge, but simply to report all occurrences that are relevant to the role.
Clerks of Works are either on site all the time or make regular visits. They need to be vigilant in their inspections of a large range of technical aspects of the work.
- Making sure that work is carried out to the client's standards, specification, correct materials, workmanship, and schedule.
- Becoming familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them, and using them as a reference when inspecting work
- Making visual inspections
- Taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards
- Being familiar with legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them.
- Having a working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bringing any shortfalls observed to the attention of the Resident Engineer.
- Advising the contractor about certain aspects of the work, particularly when something has gone wrong but this advice should not be interpreted as an instruction
If you are interested in this or future opportunities in your area, please send an up-to-date copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you when opportunities arise that match your geography and experience. Please include the best phone number with which to contact you. All inquiries are kept confidential and your information will not be shared prior to your approval.
PeopleSolutions is an industry leader in placing candidates in both contract and direct opportunities in the Engineering, IT, Financial, and Scientific Fields. If you have experience working in any of those areas and are looking for career growth opportunities, then we would love to hear from you.