Greystone is a leading Tier II manufacturer for the automotive, medical and aerospace industries with three operating facilities on the east coast.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Coach to join our team in Toano, VA.
If this opportunity is not right for you please pass it on!
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Greystone has grown from a single plating operation founded in 1932 to a multi-location company providing precision machining and plating services to major manufacturers worldwide. Due to their state-of-the-art operation, highly skilled craftsmen, and industry expertise Greystone is well positioned to see continued growth.
- Career Growth – This is an exciting position working in a world class manufacturing facility to lead the maintenance team in maintaining and repairing a wide array of production equipment. There is tremendous opportunity to use your current electrical knowledge, learn new skills, and work with advanced machinery. There is plenty of room for you to grow professionally.
- Compensation - Greystone offers a very competitive hourly rate with overtime opportunity and a full array of benefits.
Oversees and coordinates maintenance team. Coordinates work on various maintenance projects.
Install, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, and physical plant systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and communicates with maintenance team on 3 shifts supporting production 5-7 days per week.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment; repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical plant systems.
- Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as a lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
Education / Experience / Training:
- High school diploma, trade or technical school certification or equivalent.
- 3 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Knowledge of plumbing, pump repair, welding and carpentry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Valid driver’s license.
Greystone is an Equal Opportunity Employer