Greystone is a leading Tier II manufacturer for the automotive, medical and aerospace industries with three operating facilities on the east coast.
Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the Quality Team in our Toano, VA Electroplating plant.
If this opportunity is not right for you please pass it on!
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Greystone has grown from a single plating operation founded in 1932 to a multi-location company providing precision machining and plating services to major manufacturers worldwide. Due to their state-of-the-art operation, highly skilled craftsmen, and industry expertise Greystone is well positioned to see continued growth.
- Career Growth – This is an exciting position working in a world class high volume manufacturing environment. There is tremendous opportunity to use your current engineering knowledge, learn new skills and work with advanced technology. There is plenty of room for you to grow professionally.
- Compensation - Greystone offers a very competitive compensation package and a full array of benefits.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 – 10 years of experience with quality systems in a high volume manufacturing environment
- B.S. in Engineering
- Manage of all aspects of quality operations for Denso and Anodizing.
- Develop and implement controls & aspects related to quality for plant projects
- Longer Term – Possibly Coordinate Environmental Reporting and Waste Treatment Activities (GVA has an excellent environmental adherence record)
- Interact with customers, suppliers in regards to Denso and Anodize Production
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer requirements and internal standards. Including PFLOWs, Control Plans, PFMEAs and Reaction Plans.
- As necessary support the plant quality manager for internal, customer and third-party quality system audits, including automotive TS16949 certification.
- Assure product and process quality by maintaining or improving process capabilities and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Maintains a corrective action system to analyze and correct statistically out of control conditions and customer complaints.
- Determine root cause of failure using statistical methods that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Uses the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/ production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- Outstanding organization skills
- Self-starter with capability to switch gears with little or no direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Project management skills; analytical and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and MS Project
- Aluminum Anodizing or Electro-plating Experience
- Heat treating experience
Greystone is an Equal Opportunity Employer