American Hofmann Corporation is the world leader in design and manufacture of high performance balancing systems and applications. Due to the company's growth we are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our design team in Lynchburg, VA. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of a world class design and engineering team.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Stability - For over 80 years, Hofmann has been designing and producing balancing systems for a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. Hofmann has developed a solid world-wide customer base of companies in industries such as automotive, computer, aircraft, medical, turbines, and gas and oil.
- Career Growth –Since 1931 Hofmann has consistently focused on being the leader in balancing technology – you will have the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
- Financial Strength – As an industry leader Hofmann is financially strong and well positioned for continued successful growth.
- Compensation and Benefits – You will be well compensated. Hofmann provides you with an excellent compensation package and benefits program.
- Design of Electrical Control Systems for balancing machines & associated equipment.
- Take responsibility from an Electrical perspective for individual projects from RFQ through to completion.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop working drawings, material lists from initial concepts, customer specifications, global electrical and safety standards.
- Electrical programming for the Control of manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic balancing machines.
- Work with Siemens, Allen Bradley & Omron plc and various motor controls.
- Debug new machines.
- Flexibility to meet schedule deadlines.
- Telephone assist the Service Department.
- Occasional visits to customer sites.
- Computer skills
- PLC and motor drive controls
- Knowledge of Auto-cad software would be an advantage
- Communication skills to work with Customers, Sales, Engineering, Assembly, Testing and Service
- College Degree
- Self Motivation
- Willingness to learn and work with others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
American Hofmann Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer