IMRA America, Inc. is a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers for industrial applications. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Laser Prototyping Engineer to join our world-class research and engineering team at our state-of-the-art facility headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Career Growth – IMRA America has very close cooperation with leading research groups in universities, government institutions, and companies in the US and all over the world. You will be working side by side with world-class engineers, researchers and industry experts on cutting edge ultrafast laser projects and applications. This is an opportunity where you will be working in an environment that will keep you and your skills at the “top of your game.”
- Stability – You benefit from being part of a respected and well established company. IMRA America’s products are distributed worldwide through their own sales force in the US and Japan and with an international network of sales representatives. In the last 10 years, IMRA America has developed an intellectual property portfolio of more than 160 national and international patents.
- Great Location - Ann Arbor regularly receives national attention as one of the best places to live in the United States and is a hub for excellence in education with five colleges and universities. Plus endless opportunities for recreation are available in Ann Arbor, which operates 157 parks with trails, golf, canoe liveries, tennis courts, athletic fields and more.
Primarily performs layout, assembly, prototyping, calibration, testing, analysis, evaluation and repair of optical, mechanical and electrical/electronic systems related with IMRA laser development and engineering. Also performs laser development tasks under instructions including mechanical parts assembly, simple optical part assembly, and miscellaneous tasks associated with laser prototyping. Analyzes results and implements procedures for correcting problems. Documents and reports on accomplishments, test results, and departmental milestones.
- Must have a good understanding of optics, electrical and opto-mechanical principles
- Must have experience hands-on optics alignment, assembly and testing.
- Must have experience in mechanical assembly
- Must be able to read electronics schematics and mechanical drawings
- Must be able to use standard laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, etc.
- Must be able to operate machine tools to fabricate mechanical parts used in development and prototyping
- Must be able to create test set ups
- Must have a general knowledge of digital and analog circuits
- Must have good communication skills
- Ability to work with Design Engineers, Quality Assurance, and other technical support staff required
- Understanding optics principles
- Excellent in hands-on alignment of fine optics devices
- Capable in layout PCB
- General software/programming literacy
- Mechanical fabrication skills
- Experience in the preparation of engineering documentation including engineering drawings, Bills of Material, test specifications, & product specifications.
- Ability to work from assembly drawings and Parts Lists with minimal supervision
- Experience with compliance testing i.e. UL, CE, etc.
- BSc or MSc in engineering or Physics discipline.
- Industry experience is highly desirable
IMRA employees are covered by a comprehensive and industry competitive compensation and benefits program. Relocation expenses are available for the right candidate. Now is the time to explore new horizons and maximize your potential with IMRA America. We seek the world’s best and brightest and are therefore an Equal Opportunity Employer!