Dynamic Systems Inc (DSI) designs and manufactures equipment for dynamic thermal-mechanical testing of materials and physical simulation of processes. The most widely known machine produced by is the Gleeble® System. The Company serves customers that produce, research, and/or use metals such as steel producers, university materials research departments, private and government laboratories, and fabricators of industrial machinery and equipment.
Due to continued growth we are looking for a talented Technical Sales Engineer for our manufacturing operation located in Albany, NY.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Dynamic Systems Inc. was founded in 1957 and has an impressive history of pioneering the physical simulation of dynamic thermal and mechanical processes. With over 55 years of success this is a great opportunity to get on board with a company that has been an industry leader since their doors opened.
- Career Growth – Dynamic Systems Inc. is a smaller organization which will allow all roles to be highly visible. This is a great chance to join a growing, stable company while, at the same time, have the opportunity for your accomplishments to be noticed and limitless professional growth. There is up to 50% international travel, so this is a great opportunity to have a global impact as well.
- Compensation and Benefits - Dynamic Systems Inc. offers competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, 401k, paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may also be available.
Responsibilities: The Technical Sales Engineer will have a proven track record for selling high value capital equipment to industrial customers and universities and will ideally have a metallurgical, materials or mechanical engineering background. Specifically, the Technical Sales Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities, matching customer needs with our solutions and managing the entire sales process from start to finish.
- The sales process will include identifying prospects, responding to inquiries, cold calling, qualifying opportunities, multiple forms of communication, drafting quotes, technical presentations, negotiations and contract review.
- Travel to new and existing client locations worldwide to present technical seminars and lead discussions on our products and how they can be used in client applications.
- Travel is approximately 50% annually. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and must be able to travel internationally.
- DSI works with Trade Partners and Representatives throughout the world. The Technical Sales Engineer will support these partners to assist in the sales process.
- Candidate should be comfortable managing multiple opportunities at various stages in the sales process. Knowledge of Salesforce® CRM is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have experience navigating complex sales cycles
- The Technical Sales Engineer will contribute information to the organization by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts. He/She will update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and complete other duties as required.
Qualifications: We seek an outstanding individual who has the integrity, dependability, energy, and interpersonal skills to immediately become an important contributor to a very successful, long-tenured and highly knowledgeable team. We are seeking an experienced sales professional that is self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
Specifically, the successful candidate should have:
- Engineering degree required; Masters preferred, but not required. Candidate should have five or more years of experience selling high value, technical equipment to a wide range of industries, including universities, research institutions and industrial organizations
- Sales experience in a related industry is preferred, including sales of laboratory, metallurgical or test equipment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to make strong technical presentations
- The ability to seek new potential customers and translate customer needs into applications for our products
- Strong technical skills and the ability to interact effectively with the top technical people in this industry
- Collaborative skills; The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus. Please note languages spoken and fluency level.
Dynamic Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer