Calsonic Kansei North America is a leading supplier and manufacturer of automotive parts. With over 17,000 employees, Calsonic Kansei is dedicated to being the most valued and trusted parts supplier in the world.
Because of continued growth and expansion, we are currently looking for a Purchasing Specialist to join our team in Shelbyville, TN.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Calsonic Kansei North America was formed in 2001 when Calsonic, an established HVAC and heat exchange components manufacturer partnered with an automotive interior and electrical components manufacturer, Kansai. This partnership created an extremely strong and versatile company that has a global presence and provides a broad range of products to support all of our customers’ needs.
- Career Growth – Calsonic Kansei North America creates a great work atmosphere for all of their employees and has something called the “CK Way”, an action guideline for each employee. A part of those behavior guidelines involves creating a “learning culture”. Another aspect is of being cross functional and cross regional. This may open up opportunities for global interaction and travel if desired. At CK employees have an impact on the organization and the ability to advance in their career.
- Compensation and Benefits – Calsonic Kansei North America offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k and an on-site health clinic. Relocation benefits are also offered to candidates.
This position requires development of a supplier base consistent with price, quality and on-time delivery to support all production part and material requirements including supplier selection. Purchasing Specialist is responsible for cost reduction initiatives and supply strategies for assigned commodities in support of corporate and individual goals. Buyer will assist in improvement activities and general staff support.
1. Sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests RFQ’s, evaluates and analyzes results and recommends suppliers based on documented QCDDM in conformance with company standards.
2. Works with engineering, manufacturing, and user groups to find cost savings opportunities.
3. Benchmarks assigned commodities, conducts market research and communicates directly with GAP buyers when applicable.
4. Performs cost analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
5. Sources “best value” products through domestic, international and LCC suppliers. Buyer should possess a basic understanding of product flow through import/export and customs/broker process.
6. Achieves cost reduction goals for assigned commodities in support of corporate directive.
7. Possesses an understanding of contractual language and the fundamental skills for contract writing.
8. Evaluates supplier performance, stability and institutes improvements and corrective action as required.
9. Interface with Supplier Quality Assurance on production part PPAPs and quality issues.
10. Prepares and monitors documents such as blanket and tooling requisitions, cost reduction worksheets, part analysis spreadsheets and industry trends of assigned commodities.
11. Participates in and supports AQP activities in support of New Product Launch activities.
12. Initiates request for quotation from PCR/ERA and provides costs and timing to CMD.
13. Implements design changes in response to approved PCR/ERA.
14. Maintains purchase order files (i.e. quotes, blanket orders, warrants, prints, design changes, etc.) to support TS16949 requirements.
15. Compiles and evaluates data for various weekly, monthly, and annual reports (cost reduction, market fluctuation, LCC, supplier ratings, supplier scrap, budget variance, supplier expenditure).
16. Visits supplier locations for VA/VE workshops, tool audits, readiness audits, etc.
17. Attends departmental training, company meetings and HR training awareness sessions.
18. Communicates frequently with internal and external contacts on various issues.
19. Performs other duties as necessary.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to an employee in this classification.
Work is performed in a general office environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and generally two to five years of experience in related field or a Master’s Degree and generally two to four years of experience in related field.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
- Experience in one or more developmental areas (i.e. negotiation, contract writing, cost analysis, legal, leadership development, etc.).
- Have experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications.
- Have strong communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs.
- Be able to pass all background checks and pre-employment tests, including any required drug test.
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Intermediate to advanced experience (beyond basic data entry) working with computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other presentation applications and/or software.
Calsonic Kansei is an Equal Opportunity Employer