Weil-McLain is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of heating and cooling equipment for residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Due to the company's growth we are looking for a Warranty Manager to join our team at our facility in Eden, NC.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Since being founded by Isadora and Benjamin Weil over 130 ago in Chicago, Weil-McLain has grown to be the largest U.S. manufacturer of cast iron boilers and a leader in the hydronic industry. Today, Weil-McLain has a global presence with approximately 700 employees around the world.
- Career Growth – The person in this role will be the subject matter expert and with that comes a great advancement opportunities. Weil-McLain is also willing to train this person to broaden their skillset and make them an even more valuable asset to the company. At the same time, the person in this role will have a lot of autonomy to make decisions.
- Compensation and Benefits – Weil-McLain provides you with a competitive compensation package and a fantastic benefits program.
Managing the Weil-McLain warranty claims process from beginning to end. This includes initial claim creation, resolution of claim, and root cause analysis/corrective action of warranty issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Lead, develop and manage warranty & RGA function (claims, warranty analysis, etc.)
- Coordinate data analysis and corrective action
- Establish, implement, evaluate & maintain warranty program
- Lead continuous improvement of the warranty process
- Manage customer relationships with warranty claims
- Oversee the validity of warranted claims
- Provide communication to area sales offices on warranty claims requiring sales office follow-up (goodwill, investigation, etc.)
- Provide communication to customer service and finance on warranty claims information
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the warranty data system
- Communicate with Engineering and Sales/Marketing on warranty data to assist in creating warranty coverage
- Reporting of warranty statistics and analysis. Provide monthly warranty outlook number as seen in trend and returned product issues
- Customer training on the warranty process
- Analysis and problem solving to reduce warranty exposure
- Work with Supplier Quality on warranty issues
- Manage RGA process
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION:
- Experience with warranty claims and processes
- Preferred experience in plumbing, HVAC, boiler manufacturing products and/or installation
- Supervisory experience
- BS degree in technical field is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have Strong PC skills Computer literate with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications. Able to develop summary graphs, tables, pivot tables, and other reports using PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Problems solving and data analysis skills (8D, 5Y, statistics, etc.)
- Facilitation and training
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Has a strong interpersonal skill to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Ability to communicate throughout the company on any given level.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Strong bias for action and attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to develop, deploy, and drive warranty metrics
- Team work and collaborative work approach.
- Effective leader with proven ability to: develop, coach and mentor leaders.
- Customer Focus
- Facilitating Change
- Leading Teams
- Coaching and Developing Others
Weil-McLain is an Equal opportunity Employer