IMRA America, Inc. is a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers for industrial applications. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Application Engineer to join our world-class research and engineering team at our state-of-the-art facility headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Career Growth – IMRA America has very close cooperation with leading research groups in universities, government institutions, and companies in the US and all over the world. You will be working side by side with world-class engineers, researchers and industry experts on cutting edge ultrafast laser projects and applications. This is an opportunity where you will be working in an environment that will keep you and your skills at the “top of your game.”
- Stability – You benefit from being part of a respected and well established company. IMRA America’s products are distributed worldwide through their own sales force in the US and Japan and with an international network of sales representatives. In the last 10 years, IMRA America has developed an intellectual property portfolio of more than 160 national and international patents.
- Great Location - Ann Arbor regularly receives national attention as one of the best places to live in the United States and is a hub for excellence in education with five colleges and universities. Plus endless opportunities for recreation are available in Ann Arbor, which operates 157 parks with trails, golf, canoe liveries, tennis courts, athletic fields and more.
- Develop new applications for ultra-short pulse fiber lasers
- Provide input for new laser product development
- Provide evaluations of IMRA laser prototypes
- Plan and execute customer-requested feasibility testing
- Work with collaborators in applications research
- Participate in application marketing activities
- MS degree in engineering or science discipline (PhD preferred)
- 5+ years related experience, including extensive hands-on optical lab experience
- Capable in developing and executing test plans independently
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IMRA employees are covered by a comprehensive and industry competitive compensation and benefits program. Relocation expenses are available for the right candidate. Now is the time to explore new horizons and maximize your potential with IMRA America. We seek the world’s best and brightest and are therefore an Equal Opportunity Employer!